On this very day last year, is the day I went into labor with the little bug. When I look back and recall that entire day, and all the stuff I did, it's even harder to believe that a baby was born the next morning.
My sister was in town visiting (hoping that Lills would actually make her debut on her due date, yeah right I was thinking).
Our day went a little something like this :: funny how I remember it oh so vividly...
Got up early and went to go walk-walk-walk around North Hills, grabbed a decaf PSL (Pumpkin Spice Latte, for those of you aren't aware of this heavenly drink), got all showered up, headed out to Southpoint in Durham to go shopping at the mall and hit up Nordstrom Rack, came home and went to the grocery store, then back to cook a full blown meal. Let me back up a minute, it was about the time that we were at Southpoint that I kept complaining about something not feeling right. I kept getting these weird "twinges" which every time it hit, I had to stop in my tracks for a second. I remember Val saying to me, are you this uncomfortable everyday? But clearly not thinking that this baby was going to join us then, it didn't even dawn on me that maybe those were labor pains. DUH! I took my nightly Tylonol PM, and well, never went to sleep that night. Actually, I never really went to sleep for many months after that. Yep, at 11pm that night contractions were in full effect. Hubby was passed out and was certain that I was having false labor pains. After arguing in the middle of the night as to whether I really was in labor, we grabbed our bags and beelined it for the hospital at 3am. And after 9 long months of waiting, we were going to see this sweet face....
become a reality....
And not only will it be your birthday, it's also your first day of "school". Baby girl, tomorrow you will no longer be my baby :(
Not sure where this "smile" came from, but I am loving it!!

Oh she is still your baby, and always will be!!! Happy (almost) Birthday Lills!!!
ReplyDelete