OMG
Where do I even begin?!
I just had the most unexpected weekend!
A little background first....
My 30th birthday is tomorrow, so I figured if any celebrating was going to go down it was going to be this past one.
I knew I had plans with some girlfriends Friday night...and the hubs was being very vague with plans for Saturday night, just saying he had reached out to some friends for dinner, and that was the extent of it.
Needless to say, I was in for quite a "surprise" weekend.
My sweet girlfriends had planned a fun night at the North Carolina Art Museum...where we would peruse the galleries and then have dinner at the restaurant Iris there afterwards.
To make a long story short, we walked the gallery and on our way up to the restaurant, out from a giant white wall comes my two best friends (we go way back to 6th grade!) along with hubs and baby girl! I of course immediately stop dead in my tracks probably looking as shocked as ever, and then begin to cry (HA!). I could not believe that hubby had arranged for them to come up from Atlanta and Tampa to help me celebrate my birthday! And with the help of my friends here, they pulled it off!!!
So we continued to have an awesome night wining and dining!
Then comes Saturday...
Hubs informs me that we all need to be ready around 5pm because some friends were coming over for drinks + appies and that we had dinner reservations at a new favorite italian spot of ours, Mia Francesca at 715pm.
We arrive and as we get to the seating area I see a table in front of me with a large group of people holding up menus to block faces....and SURPRISE, there was a table full of more friends!!!
To say I had a great weekend would be an understatement!!!
I am so incredibly lucky to be surrounded with such amazing people in my life and of course, the main fellow behind it, my sweet hubby!!!!
Today I am still in recovery mode, and I'm going to soak up every last minute of being 29!!!
{I wasn't real on top of pictures this weekend which makes me sad, so here is what I got, with a few stolen ones...}


That's great! I love your picture cake too!
ReplyDeleteI guess you got another fun Birthday surprise, you won my photography giveaway! Congrats!
ReplyDeletelove it, go hubs! happy birthday p!! and, your hair looks beautiful :)
ReplyDeleteOh fun, Paige! (Winning photography session) let us know when you head to Richmond and we will partake in the fun! (Or at least give you pointers on things to do, places to eat!) :)
ReplyDelete