Thursday, January 12, 2012

life with a 16 month old



{sneak peak of our new gallery wall in the works}



Did baby girl really just turn 16 months old on Sunday? Seriously cannot believe that we are getting close to her being 1.5 years old. I mean pretty soon I'm not going to be able to call her my 'baby girl'. 
Life with her is still the BEST, but, oh these past couple months have been challenging. She's definitely discovered her voice in a sense that we'll be in Target and all of the sudden I realize all eyes are on me because my child is uncontrollably screaming at the top of her lungs where her face is turning bright red. 

Yep, super fun. 

Oh and have I mentioned the temper tantrums? This little missy britches sure knows how to throw them topped with a little drama. The kind that she slams her head back on the floor laying there crying. Or just crawling (yes, I said crawling) as fast as she can to get away from me once she realizes I am coming after her. 

Let's go back to the crawling for a minute, yes life for us with a 16 month old still involves that. Am I worried, NO. Am I just mentally ready for her to be, YES. She did take her first steps before we left for Christmas, which was awesome *see video below*!! It's just been coming in strides, she'll do it when she wants to, and then she'll throw a fit when we try to make her. So clearly she isn't ready yet. I mean who would want to start walking when you have your mama to carry you around all the time. But I do have high hopes that later this month is going to be the real deal.


We have a gazillion other good ones from that night but for some reason I can't get them to work right now, so this will have to do. But you get the gist- she knows what she's doing!

I will say though that the other 95% of the time she is the sweetest, snuggliest (is that a word?), funniest, entertaining little girl i could ever imagine spending all my days with. 

Boy am I ever so lucky to be her mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friends! I'd love to hear from you!!