Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Living Room :: Update One

I wish I were back here showing off the finished product of our living room re-do, but that's just plain wishful thinking! However, we have made progress. While I was back home in Tampa this past week, I took a visit to one of my favorite home stores Ballard Designs! My mom and I were wandering around, sitting on every sofa, and I finally spotted one that was just calling my name. She was lovely and OH so comfortable!! She's made with a nice layer of goose which may have something to do with it. Anyway- after spending some time enjoying it and developing a relationship, it was time to take some pictures and send along to the hubs...


{ignore the horrific look on my face- just a typical "P" face for those that know}

See, isn't she delightful? Her appearance looks slightly messy, but no worries, we're gonna fix that with some yummy pillows I've got picked out! Apparently there are a few kinks that have to get worked out with the slipcovers we want, but that is top on the agenda for today. Thankfully I'm hosting a shower at my house at the end of July, and that just so happens to be my excuse with getting the hubs on board with this -quickly ;) And to my liking, he trusts my judgement since I've seen it and said "go for it". 
Awesome. 

I didn't take a picture of the club chair in the store, but we'll also be scooping up a couple of these...

And maybe even one of these, if not, something very similar...

There you have it, the furniture is picked, so at least we are moving in the right direction! More updates to follow...

Happy Wednesday!
XO



1 comment:

  1. Looking good...and you mommies are smarter than I give you credit for. Slip covers are smart if you're going white!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friends! I'd love to hear from you!!