Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Living Room Re-Do :: Before

We are officially furniture-less in our living room! We said our goodbyes over the weekend, as they have found a lovely new home with a bunch of college girls. Our previous couches and coffee table had been with us for a while though. They were the ones that the hubby bought when he moved to Greenville back when we first met. And while they treated us well, it was obvious they were more of a guys pick. Let me give you a peak at what they looked like....

 exhibit A
 exhibit B
exhibit C

Yeah, you see what I mean?? Dark...very very dark! And very much not my taste. I just felt like every time you walked into our living room, you got no flavor of color in there. I need a little brightness in my life :) 

While most have said I am crazy for wanting to get an ivory/neutral color sofa (I do have a baby, soon to be toddler in the house), I just need to do it. I have this perfect picture in my head of what our living room would look like, however, I'm not sure it is what the hubby has envisioned. We have decided that having two couches and table is too much for this room, so we are only going to go with one couch this time, two chairs (style to be determined...again, hubby is throwing a bit of a wrench in my plan) and possibly an ottoman style table (slightly more child-proof). 

Here are some examples of couches that I fancy....
along with some chairs that I love...

 ...I would paint the legs antique white


...I'd do anything to get my hands on a pair of these beauties

Just a few pillows that I think would look delightful on those sofas....



So now that you sort of see the theme I am going for, let's just hope that sooner rather than later I will be posting the "after" blog post that includes all of our new finds. 

2 comments:

  1. can't wait to see how it turns out! love your chair picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love all of it! We have an ivory couch and the key is to be able to wash the covers! So far so good.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friends! I'd love to hear from you!!