Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Getaways

This past weekend, the hubs and I took a much needed vacation away! We've been through a lot since last September, and I think the time had finally come that we needed to have some "us" time. We looked at all different cities to venture to, but then when we started factoring in possible airfare, hotel, food, booze, etc...it started quickly adding up. While I for once was trying to be budget-friendly, I said lets scratch that and go somewhere closer to home. We both wanted to go somewhere on the water, and we haven't been to this destination in 3 years which is really hard to believe. We use to take trips here just the two of us back before we were even engaged and always had a blast together, so we figured it would be the perfect spot for us....OCRACOKE! What a wonderful time it was!! We got in lots of great beach time (came home like a lobster), played lots of paddle ball, read my entire stack of magazines, had some great meals, biked all around the island and bar hopped our way around the island. It was just perfect...





Now while this weekend was piggy-backing off of a whirlwind 4-day trip to Florida, I was missing my sweet baby girl who was left behind for it all. But none the less, I had an amazing time while there visiting my sweet mama, grandma, and one of my bestie's new baby! This little bit, Addie Paige, was a doll baby and I'm so glad I had the chance to meet and love on her!!


But I am happy to say that are travels have come to a hault for a bit, and we are in town for the next three weekends with absolutely ZERO plans and I can't wait!!! Hopefully this will give me some time to catch up on a few things that have been lingering over me. And being a better blogger just so happens to be one of them!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friends! I'd love to hear from you!!