Betty Crocker!
HA!
Yesterday I decided to put my baking cap on and get to work!
*We started with Sausage Balls! I had no reason to make them other than the fact that they sounded good, and I couldn't go through the holidays without having some. And well per usual, they did not disappoint.
This year we got fancy and spiced them up with some cream cheese. The second I saw this recipe with those words, I knew they were for me. Little fun (or possibly gross) fact about me....I could literally eat scoops of the cream cheese. It's just that good.
Try these bad boys out and let me know what ya think! I must say that the "cc" added a little somethin' good to them.
{my not so favorite part...mixing that by hand}
{baking}
{ready to be devoured}
*Next, we baked some cookies. Today was baby girls last day at Mommy's Morning Out until January, so I wanted to take her sweet teachers something as a little thank you for taking such good care of my of my missy britches!!
When in doubt, you can always rely on Mrs. Paula Deen for something wonderful, and these cookies are definitely somethin' wonderful! Hubs likes to refer to them as crack and wanted to throw all the left overs out because he can't keep his hands off of them. I quickly nipped that idea in the bud, but I guess as a non-baker, I'll take that as a compliment.
Looks like now I've been voted to make another 2-3 batches for all of his work accounts.
I know where I'll be most of the day on Saturday.
You can find this recipe HERE. I'll spare you the directions, it's super easy to follow along with her and there's nothing unexpected that popped up that I feel necessary to share with you.
I suggest you hurry up and go make yourself some.
I mean they have a whole stick of butter whipped up in there, so what's not to like?
{whipping up stages}
{after being rolled in confectioners sugar}
{first batch is done and yum}
{all wrapped up and ready to hand over. a friend told me about these cute baskets in the $1 section at Target, so we scooped up a few}
I'll be back next week with more baking fun, as the annual cookie exchange I go to is on Sunday. It's the one party every holiday season I really look forward to....chatting, wine & cookies!
oh my goodness, sausage balls and paula deen cookies-we were meant to be friends! I am sorry I have not gotten myself together for wrapping. Too much going on at once. Next year for sure! I will book you in advance! Merry Christmas-Kate
ReplyDeleteI may have to hire you to do some of this stuff for me next year!
ReplyDelete