Monday, December 19, 2011

2011 Cookie Exchange

I like to call mine...

Santa Surprise! 

These little guys looked so cute when I first spotted them. That was however until I got him dressed. 

Lucky for me I requested the hubs for help to assist in speeding up the process. Cutting up those darn little marshmallows were a pain in the butt! Otherwise, a cute little baking day could sure be had with the kiddos. 

Directions:

INGREDIENTS

red food color
1 1/4 cups vanilla frosting
12 (2 1/2") graham crackers
1 cup mini marshmallows, halved crosswise
6 small red gumdrops, halved crosswise
24 red cinnamon candies 

**side note :: i went to TWO different stores and was unsuccessful finding red hots and red gumdrops, so we got what we could find at target in the $1 section that looked like it would do the trick**

DIRECTIONS

(1)  Line cookie sheet with wax paper. In small bowl, stir 1/4 teaspoon red food color into 1/4 cup frosting; blend well. In separate bowl, stir 1 drop red food coloring into remaining 1 cup frosting; blend well.

(2)  For each cookie, frost 1 inch of one corner of cracker with dark red frosting for Santa's hat.
Place 1 marshmallow piece in corner of pom-pom.

(3)  Frost remainder of cracker with pink frosting. Place marshmallow piece on pink frosting around 2 sides for beard. Add gumdrop (or whatever you find) for nose and cinnamon candies (or whatever you find) for eyes.






{all ready for the party}

{cookie exchange final selection!} 

Unfortunately mine did not win the competition, but all of the cookies were super tasty!!

Fortunately though, my baking cap is being put away for a while!

I couldn't be happier!

**by the way- i think i mentioned a little something about baking cookies for the hubs work accounts. yep this nice wifey over here baked 82 to be exact. i should have attached my business card instead of his!** ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friends! I'd love to hear from you!!