Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Recap

What a great three day weekend!! It's always hard to come back to a full work week after one of those. But after having a wonderful time with family & friends, and an abundance of sunshine- it's quickly making me look forward to our next holiday weekend coming up next month!
My in-laws came into town from New Jersey on Thursday night, so I spent most of Friday shopping with my mother-in-law...and of course did some damage on our sweet baby birl. I just couldn't resist. I have been SO good for the past 4 1/2 months, and I just caved! But it's okay though, because "most" of it was on sale or super cheap any way. We also went fabric shopping for the nursery, and think we were successful, so I'm really excited about that. And my sweet MIL has offered to sew all of our window treatments and crib bedding! So now I am on a mission to find pictures with ideas of what I like, even though I'm pretty sure I already know. Friday night we had a cookout at our house with a couple other families and friends (and three canines) that were down from NJ also, which was a fun time and great company! Saturday was another day of shopping along with a few house projects. Well, the house projects were going on all weekend with Matt and FIL. Saturday night we went out to a yummy French restaurant, Coquette and had a wonderful meal! That is where I decided to surprise Matt with his 30th birthday present, more on that to come later. Sunday we wrapped up some house projects (hanging new window treatments in both guest room and master-and I must say, they looks FAB!), planted flowers in our flower box, and finished yard work. We fixed a delicious Easter dinner that I am still enjoying leftovers from, and enjoyed great company again :) Overall, it was an awesome weekend.
Oh- but did I mention that the frameless glass shower door we have been waiting for over a year to be put in, that was installed last Wednesday, shattered at about 1045pm Saturday night during the Duke game. This needs no explanation- just see the pictures below.
*the shower incident*

*just a "few" of the baby splurges*

*Friday night cookout*

*Easter Sunday*

5 comments:

  1. Sorry about the shower incident, otherwise, sounds like an amazing Easter weekend! You look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute... makes me wish we lived closer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those onesies are so cute and you look adorable in your belly pic! love that dress!

    xo, nat

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little onsies are adorable! Also where is that cute dress from that you're wearing???

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks ladies!! that dress is from anthropologie! i bought it before our honeymoon last year, and surprisingly it still fits...for now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friends! I'd love to hear from you!!