Monday, April 26, 2010

Nesting

Oh the joys of nesting. It has officially begun at our house. The weather was not very pretty this weekend, so I took advantage of couping myself up in the house and beginning to organize. Our house unfortunately has VERY little closet space, and well, between both of us we have A LOT of clothes! So, I packed a bag full to donate, multiple bags to take to the consignment store to sell, and then boxed up almost my entire closet into colored tubs (easy to find) of pre-preggie clothes that hopefully I can pull back down come Sept/Oct. That is probably wishful thinking on my part :) Now there is room for all the maternity clothes I've purchased (and some SUPER friends who have been sweet enough to lend me theirs) that have now taken over my closet. And sweet little peanut already has quite the wardrobe piling up that it is half squeezed in with daddy's clothes and half still in the bag. But we made big strides this weekend, as on Sunday we ventured out to purchase peanuts crib and changing table/dresser. I sure do hope she is happy with it...we like it! It should be delivered on Friday, so hopefully by weekends end it will all be up, and so begins the decorating! I can't wait!!! We also managed to scoop up a new dining room table while out and about, so once that is up, I'll post pictures.
I also sat for at least 2 hours on Sunday night trying to make a dent on our registry. WOW- baby registering is not at all what wedding registry was like. I have read review after review after review. Unless you've had a baby, it's really the only way to know if what your looking at is good quality or not. Luckily I am extrememly fortunate enough that I have quite a few friends who have had babies, and two who have little ones on the way. Everyone is alway so sweet to forward "the baby essentials" on to you.
No, while this was only one weekend of "nesting" under our belt...there are still many to go. We've both got a date in mind we're striving to have her room all wrapped up, so we'll see if we can make that happen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friends! I'd love to hear from you!!