Sunday, January 10, 2010

Domestic Sunday

Today was a very lazy, yet domestic day. It started with a yummy breakfast that my sweet hubby whipped up. He scores major bonus points for this! We were dog sitting all weekend for one of our friends labs, so as you can imagine, two labs under one household equals LOTS of dog hair! Needless to say I spent a good bit of time sweeping up the floors, cleaning rugs and wiping down our wood furniture that can't even seem to escape the furry friends hair. I then decided to drag that wonderful hubby of mine to get gas and go grocery shopping with me. Now, this rarely happens, so when he actually agrees to it, I'm thrilled! One of my friends had given me a veggie soup recipe (she made some for us when Matt had his surgery and it was amazing!), so I wanted to get all the fixings and make a big batch for us to enjoy on this chilly North Carolina night. And I must say, it turned out rather tasty if I do say so myself. It was my first attempt at making homemade soup, so this was big-time for me. Next on my list is an attempt to make homemade chicken noodles soup. Yes, I know this is not a difficult one, however baby steps for this girl. And what dinner would not be complete without dessert. Yep, I opened that box of caramel brownies right up and decided to do some baking. So now I find myself sitting on the couch, writing this blog with a glass of milk and a brownie square (or two..shhh). I would say I'm pretty content on this Sunday evening.
Happy week ahead everyone! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friends! I'd love to hear from you!!