Thursday, March 24, 2011

Pot Roast

If there is one thing I don't do well, it's cooking! I'm sure I have mentioned this a time or two before but I just do not love it. Perhaps if we had a larger, more functional kitchen I would, but for now...nope! Well, I had made a promise to myself that at the beginning of the year I would "attempt" to cook more. Not really for me, but because of the hubs. I could live off of grilled cheese and cereal if it were up to me :) 
So lets see here, I cooked two big meals this week that I must say I am quite proud of. Last night I made my first ever Pot Roast in the crockpot. And it came out mighty delicious if I do say so myself. Let me first start by saying that when I went to the store to get the ingredients, I was rather embarrassed that I had to ask the guy in the butcher section, "Sir, I have never made a pot roast before and have no clue what meat to buy for it. Can you help me?" Yep- it happened, but hey, who cares! So the very kind man helped a girl out and we went on our merry way. 
 Try this one for yourself sometime...

Awesome Slow Cooker Pot Roast (4 servings):

Ingredients:
(1) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 (1oz) package of dry onion soup (I used the whole packet)
1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons water
2-3/4 pounds pot roast
**I also added whole carrots and potatoes**
Directions:
1) In a slow cooker, mix cream of mushroom soup, dry onion mix and water. Place pot roast in slow cooker and coat with soup mixture.
2) Cook on High setting for 3-4 hours, or on Low for 8-9 hours

5 comments:

  1. yummy! I'll have to try this - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you, P! Sounds delicious-- and super easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i always have to ask the grocery store people what kind of meat is used for what, so fear not! this sounds like something nicky would like i'll have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy P!!

    I will have to try it:)

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friends! I'd love to hear from you!!