Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hello Jersey

The hubby and I are off to New Jersey and New York City tonight to celebrate his big 30th birthday that's on Saturday!!! I have had this planned since the beginning of March, and finally surprised him with the plane tickets and itinerary over Easter weekend, and needless to say, he was totally surprised!! Mission accomplished!!
Tomorrow we plan on spending all day in the city (as long as weather permits. We may have to go to plan B!)...lunching on the Hudson River, acting like kids at the Natural History Musuem, walking around Central Park and renting rowboats. And we're ending our day in the Bronx at Yankee Stadium with our friends (and newly engaged couple) Jeff & Betsy!! I'm super pumped about going to my first Yankees game, who are playing against the Rangers. Then on Saturday it's PARTY TIME! We're having a big cookout at Matt's parents house and all of his local friends and family are coming to help celebrate!! It should be an awesome time for sure!
I was a little worried the hubs would not be happy about me doing this since we have a little one joining us in September and we need to be cautious about a few things- but I just couldn't resist. You only turn "30" once, and for us, I feel like it's about to represent a whole new chapter of our lives. Plus, he knows me well enough to know how much I love birthdays, and don't ever let one pass without making a big celebration of it. Sorry honey, I was raised with birthdays being a big deal, and I plan on carrying that through :)
So cheers to us for a fabulous weekend ahead!! I won't be blogging tomorrow, but will definitely be back on Monday with lots of pictures!

Happy Weekend!!
xo

SURPRISE!!

1 comment:

Hi Friends! I'd love to hear from you!!