Friday, August 12, 2011

Oreo Balls

This past weekend A couple weeks ago, we hosted a baby shower for our sweet friend Courtney! She is due next month with her second baby girl. We are so excited for them and their newest addition, Molly Stuart! 

While prepping the menu, I knew that I wanted to try and tackle these Oreo Balls I keep seeing everywhere. I mean, how hard can they be, right? HA!!!!  Of course I had envisioned in my head what they would look like (cute white ones with pink sprinkles) and well,  I wouldn't say they were quite up to par with what I was expecting. 

Let's start with what you need...

1 package of Oreos, crumbled finely
1 package of cream cheese, softened
1 package (8 bars) of Bakers white chocolate


Directions: 
Mix cream cheese and crushed Oreos together in bowl
Once mixed, roll into 1" balls 
(HINT: put the Oreo balls in the fridge for a few hours before attempting the next step, otherwise you will have a messy disaster)
Dip the Oreo balls in melted chocolate....


BUT...be sure not to BURN the chocolate like I did. Seriously- I mean who burns chocolate?? Apparently this girl! Ugh- so of course it's the night before the shower and I'm having to run out to multiple grocery stores because believe it or not, they were sold out of white chocolate.

Needless to say, what was supposed to be an easy attempt at Oreo Balls just did not happen.

However, they were yummy!



I forgot to take a picture of the final product, so here they are (center rack) in all their glory alongside the pretty and delicious lemon bars.

1 comment:

  1. You are so cute! I have burned chocolate before too ha! My friend made oreo balls a few weeks ago and I am addicted now! I like it that you used white and pink for the baby shower - very fun!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friends! I'd love to hear from you!!