Thursday, October 20, 2011

Back in the game


A little too much time has gotten away from lately when it comes to exercising. Well, a lot of time actually. Before getting pregnant, I had made a vouch to run a 1/2 marathon at least once a year in hopes of training for a marathon around my 30th birthday. Considering my 30th is less than 5 months away and I only have two 1/2's under my belt with a nice two year hiatus in the mix *Nov 2009 to be exact* I don't really forsee that marathon wish happening now. Ho Hum! 

However, I can do my best to jump back on this running bandwagon, which has already begun. I had a 'chat' with myself last week and I think it's done the trick. I've gotten back into the gym and running outside (even made it there one morning before the baby woke up-pure delight). I've also started my research on the next race I will be challenging myself with. Here are the front-runners...

Shamrock 1/2 in Virginia Beach


Tobacco Road 1/2 in Raleigh

Race Fest 1/2 in Charlotte


Anyone care to join me?? 

3 comments:

  1. So wish I could join you, but we all know running and I do not get along. I vote you do the Raleigh race though b/c then I can at least cheer you on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to. I don't know how to run. I only knew how to play field hockey... haha! Distance scares the poo out of me. Where would I even begin?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. go paige! if we lived closer, i'd (try) to run with ya! holler if you come clt way :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friends! I'd love to hear from you!!