Has everyone recovered from their sugar high yet??
Our Halloween fun began this past Sunday at our neighborhood parade!
Here's a little recap of (unedited) pictures from that!
:: she wanted no part in pre-parade pictures ::
:: but then she came around ::
:: yes, daddy had to wear his hideous wig and glasses ::
:: lills with her friends emma and stokes ::
:: we had about a two second window for this shot before another meltdown ::
:: had to come back for a photo shoot with the pupster ::
Last night we had an entertaining Halloween night as usual, this year that entertainment was brought to you by a banana, a ladybug, an indian princess, a bunny rabbit and Cinderella!!
Our Halloween fun began this past Sunday at our neighborhood parade!
Here's a little recap of (unedited) pictures from that!
:: she wanted no part in pre-parade pictures ::
:: but then she came around ::
:: yes, daddy had to wear his hideous wig and glasses ::
:: lills with her friends emma and stokes ::
:: we had about a two second window for this shot before another meltdown ::
:: had to come back for a photo shoot with the pupster ::
Last night we had an entertaining Halloween night as usual, this year that entertainment was brought to you by a banana, a ladybug, an indian princess, a bunny rabbit and Cinderella!!
OH- and how can I forget about the hot dog...
Do not ask me why but I love Halloween! Always have! My mom use to have parties at our house for my friends...we would dress up, bob for apples, set up haunted houses and trick-or-treats...it was ghouls of fun!!
And while I always complain that we never have many trick-or-treaters, this year was a different story because I actually ran out of candy. We officially became "that house" that had to resort to peanut butter crackers and juice boxes. It was embarrassing, yet hysterical because we had a couple kids that opted for nothing when they heard we had no candy. Seriously?!
(disclaimer : I may or may not have eaten half of the candy over the past week contributing to this unfortunate situation. I'm not even going to deny that I've hit my 6 month pregnancy mark and well those that have been there know what that means!)
I whipped up my usual "Sweet Chili" recipe that is a classic of my mother's, who so kindly showed me how to make it years ago when we started this tradition. I'm going to be honest, it's delicious!! I'm not shy about sharing the recipe because it really is THAT good thanks to this one secret special ingredient.
However, I thought I shared it here before to link up, but now can't locate it, so will post later on when I have more time.
I also fixed this delicious Fall Crunch Mix (sadly there is a little bit left today, which I'm sure will be gone tomorrow!), The Great White Pumpkin Ball, Chili served with noodles & scoops and Pumpkin Bread with chocolate chips to top it all off!!!
*I'm drooling again just thinking about it all






great pics! i very much enjoyed the end of the night "healthy snack" hand-out (and consequently rejection by some)! i also really want to make that fall crunch now - it was too good.
ReplyDeleteSo cute! Love your earrings - are they Stella & Dot? And please post the recipe - always love a good chili recipe!
ReplyDelete